4.5.11

lincolntown

So this past weekend I traveled to Lincoln to visit some friends. AND one day we went to the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha. which was lovely. here's some of the digital photos I have, I'll post some film shots once I get some money to get them processed...
Enjoy

Some parrots... 

Not exactly sure what these things are... They have creepy eyes/hands though...

Some kind of exotic bird thing with a funny patch of hair 

Aw friends
Myself, Abby Stryker, and Hilary Saunders

Penguinos! 

Jellies!! I had been anticipating the aquarium portion of the trip for oh you know... months 

Hilary and Abby 
Oh um soo... I kinda dropped my sunglasses into one of the exhibits while i leaned over the side to take a closer photo of the meerkats... BUT it's all good - I found a stick and rescued them. Moral of the story? Don't lean into the exhibits. 

Platte River or something 

Blueberry cupcakes with blueberry cream cheese frosting
Abby and I tried out this recipe for blueberry cupcakes that I found last week. The recipes uses freeze dried blueberries for both the frosting, and batter. They were super yummy. Recipe here: http://weekofmenus.blogspot.com/2011/04/bluebery-cupcakes-with-blueberry-cream.html 
I recommend trying them :)


we also made fresh mozz, tomato, basil and garlic bruschetta. yum, again... 

Kade, Abby's nephew 
  I also took photos of up-and-coming friend/musician Hilary Saunders at Wyuka cemetery... Which we kinda got locked in, because they close the gate at 8pm or something... and we were in there til like 9... We called the funeral home and they led us to an alternative exit, so once again: problem solved.




Hmm so that's about it for now... More film shots later
-h

No comments:

Post a Comment