27.4.11

6am (but im just really going to add it to my '7am' series)

The mirrors in SLRs are neat 
OK so I think that I've gotten the 'wake up early/shoot a roll of film in the country' bug... I had intentions of waking up at 6:15, and taking a bike ride up the road a bit to take some sunrise photos. But my body/mind had other plans. I woke up, fully awake around 2am... Went back to sleep. Woke up at 5am. Couldn't sleep. Drank water. Went back to bed. Neko started playing. Definitely couldn't sleep. Decided to just get up and go drive out to the country around the lake and take photos. SO glad I did. It was beautiful, calm and peaceful. The only noise was turkeys off in the distance making whatever sound they make... And I guess it did rain a little bit, so it wasn't exactly entirely calm... But hey, it's better than the sound of Neko playing with my blind cords.

Here's some shots off the roll of film I shot. I'll post some of the digitals on my flickr/facebook later tonight/tomorrow... 

Enjoy

These bush things are the reason I decided to stop the car where I did.

Prickly thingie 
Aren't they neat looking? all pokey and budded out.

Sandhills!
Peculiar 

These weeds are just... Bizarre looking. In my humble opinion 

Zee hills of sand
OK. I'll admit it. Nebraska. Is. Pretty. There. I said it.

I don't know if it's just because I grew up driving in these hills to get to our summer cabin's lake... But I just... really like them...
On my way back to Np I sped past this lovely field of flowers... Soo I stopped the car and turned around and finished off the rest of the roll of Film.
Worthy of turning around, I'd say.


Which it's a good thing I did end up turning around, because I had missed the turn I was supposed to take... It's all good now though :)

The End 

No comments:

Post a Comment